With Neutron 4, iZotope has introduced machine learning into the mixing game. The brand touts the new Mix Assistant, exclusive to Advanced, as the first-ever plug-in that listens to your project and communicates with each track in the mix. The purpose of this analytical listening is to help you find a starting balance, which will form the foundation of your mix. The plug-in even lets you select which tracks you want to be the focus of your mix and is made to work with instrumentals and vocal-centred music.
The new Sculptor plug-in, available in both Standard and Advanced versions, is designed to sweeten the sound of your instrument tracks. iZotope likens its function to a “per-band army of compressors and EQs” dedicated to shaping your track. Sculptor uses machine learning and custom DSP to craft a “custom preset” for each track. It also arms you with 25 different instrument profiles that can transform each instrument into a “new version of itself”, according to the brand.
Mix smarter and faster with iZotope’s Neutron 4, your complete suite for crafting a professional mix. Sculpt sounds seamlessly while staying in your flow.
Neutron 4 comes with 8 plug-ins including a mothership and 7 component modules. Use the component plug-ins individually or combine them in the mothership to sculpt your sound. Plus, you'll get Visual Mixer, Relay and Tonal Balance Control 2 plug-ins to assist your mixing process.
- New! Unmask Module
- Exciter Module (New! Trash Mode)
- Compressor Module (New! Punch Mode)
- Gate Module
- Improved! Sculptor Module
- Transient Shaper Module
- Equalizer Module
- Visual Mixer Plug-in
- Plus! Relay and Tonal Balance Control 2 Plug-ins
- Assistant View: Neutron’s beloved Mix Assistant is now modernized into the new Assistant View, your intelligent control center that produces fast, personalized results.
- Make Space: The new Unmask Module discovers and fixes masking issues for you, enabling you to reach new levels of clarity. Make space between two competing tracks, balancing your bass and kick or allowing vocals to shine over your mix.
- Distort Responsibly. Or Not: A slice of iZotope fan favorite, Trash, is now in Neutron 4. Distort and destroy sound with Trash Mode and dial in specific extremes with the Tone Slider and Tame button. Explore the boundaries of weird and wild.
- Punch it up: Make an impact using the new Punch Mode to control and visualize how hard your sounds hit. Add more thump, punch or snap to breathe life into vocals, percussion, bass, and more.
- Work faster and smarter: The Assistant View kicks things off right by suggesting a target level and allowing you to customize your starting point.
- Stay in your flow: Neutron makes mixing a part of your flow. Make sweeping improvements with new Intent Controls and find clarity with ease using the new Unmask Module.
- Get creative: Crush and destroy sound with the new Trash Mode and make an impact with Punch Mode, exploring the boundaries of your creative mixing.